After a long day of running around all, we want as parents is a chance to sit down, eat our favorite comfort food, and relax. Our usual go-to is maybe we can order pizza or just grab some fast food and veg out. With this recipe, you can enjoy delicious Mexican food with very little effort that is low-key and won’t cause heartburn. Even young kids will eat Take it easy Enchiladas, this was a huge hit every year in my brother’s Spanish class every year!
- 1 pound of ground hamburger ( You can also use ground pork, shredded chicken, or steak depending on what you prefer)
- Taco seasoning
- 1 8oz bag of fiesta blend shredded cheese
- 1 8oz container of sour cream
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper (your choice of color)
- 2 10oz cans of either green or red enchilada sauce (I have also used marinara sauce in place of enchilada sauce for young kids and it was a good mild alternative.)
- Small corn tortillas (Flour is also acceptable depending on your preference)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Step 2: Combine taco seasoning with hamburger per the instructions on the packet. Cook and drain ground hamburger or meat of choice. Place in a large bowl.
Step 3: Cut up onion and green pepper. Set aside a little bit for garnishing the top. Mix the rest into the hamburger mixture.
Step 4: Mix in half of the cheese and the container of sour cream. Set the mixture to the side.
Step 5: Get a casserole dish and spray it with cooking spray or a thin layer of vegetable oil. Fill the bottom of the dish with a shallow layer of enchilada sauce.
Step 6: Spoon the ground beef mixture into each tortilla and close it like a burrito. Line each filled tortilla into the casserole dish until they fit snugly into the pan.
Step 7: Top the enchiladas with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle the top with the remaining peppers, onions, and cheese.
Step 8: Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with sour cream or a side of Spanish rice. Enjoy!
Serves 4 people
Our website parentsguidetotheworld.com
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Our Etsy Store www.etsy.com/shop/OurRealFamily
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our Current Gear https://parentsguidetotheworld.com/our-current-gear/